Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Graham's reason for the madness!


I have always preferred to go out and ride more technical terrain rather than doing high speed long distance rides, and then a couple years ago the “hard Enduro’s” started to gain favour with a small group of insane riders. Not Pastrana insane just semi insane. Hells Gate and Last Man standing were probably the first that I heard of and as I watched I kept thinking, I can do that. Progressively the Hard Enduro’s became more and more technical and eventually it was only riders like Taddy and Knight that were reaching the finish lines. But I was still certain that I could do it and when Romaniacs came along I knew I had to compete in that Enduro.  
Joining up with KTM Cape Town has given me the chance to ride this race and in 23 days I will be staring down a 400m long obstacle course set out to test the world’s best  riders in the worst possible ways. Most riders such as Birch and Jarvis say it is  “The Hardest Enduro of Them All”  I will keep you posted and let you know if it matches up to our Roof of Africa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment